Ssekamaya Siraje Abdallah, Ph.D.,M.Ed
Ssekamaya Siraje Abdallah, Ph.D.,M.Ed.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Islamic Thought), ISTAC/IIUM, Malaysia, 2000
- Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling), IIUM, Malaysia, 1997
- Grad. ICSA ( Business Administration), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), UK, 1999
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education ( Islamics/Arabic), Islamic University in Uganda, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts ( Islamics/Arabic), Kulliyyat al-Da‘wa al-Islamiyyah, Tripoli, Libya, 1992.
- Ibn Khaldun on the Role of Knowledge, Skills and Values in the Rise and Fall of Civilizations: Implications for Muslim Educators in The 21st Century. Paper presented at the International Conference on Ibn Khaldun’s Legacy and its Contemporary Significance, organized by ISTAC, IIUM, at Putrajaya Marriott Hotel, Putrajaya, Malaysia from 20th to 22nd November 2006;
- Ibn Khaldun on the role of knowledge, skills and values in the rise and fall of civilizations: Implications for Muslim educators in the 21st century. Educational Awakening: Journal of Educational Sciences, vol. 3, no. 2. (2007). (Accepted for publication);
- Character development and Islamic Civilization in East Africa: Implications for Muslim Educators. Educational Awakening: Journal of Educational Sciences, vol. 4, no. 1. (2008);
- Prophet Muhammad (SAW) as a Model of Excellence in Leadership: Implications for Present Day Educators. Educational Awakening: Journal of Educational Sciences. Vol. 4,no. 2 (2008);
- A New Career Development Approach Based on the Beliefs, Values,and Lived Experiences of Muslims, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), Ministry Of Higher Education Malaysia, 2008 – Present;
- Conceptualization of a New Integrated Model of Counseling Based on the Qur’an, the Sunnah and Contemporary Counseling Approaches. Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), Ministry Of Higher Education Malaysia, 2008 – Present;
- The Experiences of International Female Muslim Students in a Muslim Country: A Phenomenological Study of Female International Students at IIUM. Paper presented at International Workshop on the Management of International Students. Gombak, 27th – 29th July 2009. (With Ayesa Linka Sadain and Farzana Yeasmeen).
- ICT Framework for Comprehensive Career Information and Development for School Children. The First International Conference on Electronic Management, Tripoli Libya, 1-4/6/2010. (With Mannir Abdullahi Kamba);
- The Relationship Between Religious Commitment And Career Decision Making Among International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) Students. Presented at the 18 th APECA Biennial Conference-Workshop, 05-07th August 2010, Penang, Malaysia. (with Aisha Mohamed Rashad);
- Predictors of Attitude Toward Seeking Counseling Help Among Indian University Students: A Case Study At Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India. Presented at the 18 th APECA Biennial Conference-Workshop, 05-07th August 2010, Penang, Malaysia. (with Munira Arshad). etc.